Monday, October 29, 2007

Mandala


Mandala: “circle”, “completion”
I have always loved mandalas and the harmony that comes with a complete circle. At this moment in my life, I don’t feel complete or even whole but I SHOULD…and here lies the problem. I am always striving for something else even though I have been given so much. In general, when I set goals for myself I always make it a point to meet them. Here is where being a perfectionist has its problems. This is what I am working on changing…I want to be able to accept imperfections and not feel that I have to be in control of situations.
So back to my recent goals (the past 5 Years):
1. Start my own Photography Business
2. Live in Italy
3. Finish my Masters Degree in Art Education
4. Teach the most amazing subject to all ages: ART!
Those were my art goals that I set for myself…and I completed all of them. I want to work on my personal goals through my art. I especially need to learn how to live in the moment and not worry about what the future holds for me.
This is why I created my not so perfect Mandala. When I was younger, I was diagnosed with a disease that could lead to infertility. So my husband and I are trying to start a family…I have been focusing on this way too much and not JUST LIVING! This exercise was just in time. It made me realize that I already have so many children in my life that care for with all my heart. Thanks Suzi Blu for helping me come to this realization...it is so refreshing to get a reality check.

3 comments:

lee said...

I am from the art journal group, I loved reading your entry.and what each page represents. I AM HAVING trouble with my mandala...but still plugging away at it. Visit my blog sometime here is the address:

lee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unichorn said...

Hi Mia,
I can totally relate to what you're describing here. It is the exact reason of why I began journaling again too. Feeling happy and satisfied is not an easy task for me (I am, too, a perfectionist, and always want more...). That can be hard, very hard sometimes; making life difficult for myself. On the other hand; I do so many things and get so much experience on the way, learning in all kinds of fields. Lately, I think i'm even learning to be slightly happy and satisfied... ;)
*reminder to self: for the time being...*